KLB Visionary Christian Religious Education Learner's Grade 5 (Approved)
Christian Religious Education is a learning area aimed at instilling in the learner moral and spiritual values to enable him or her live a morally upright life and fit well in society. KLB Visionary Christian Religious Education Grade 5 Learner's Book, therefore:
• Has been developed in line with the requirements of Grade 5 CRE Competence-Based Curriculum Design.
• The experiences have been developed in line with the thematic integrated approach that is recommended for children at this level.
• The book is generously illustrated to enliven the content and the text follows the design
closely. The book has employed a child-centered approach where all experiences are centered on the learner's interests, knowledge, and application to real-life situations in line with the Life Approach Method of teaching Christian Religious Education.
• It has used short texts in simple language with familiar situations created to help understand more difficult concepts.
• Gender equitable roles have been reflected so as to erase the association of certain tasks with specific gender
• The principle of inclusivity has been used by having illustrations of children with special needs involved in common activities with other children to make learners appreciate them as part of society.
• Active learning activities like discussing, singing, reading the Bible, debates, working in groups, and reciting memory verses are integrated within the lessons to make learning interesting and participatory.